Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thank You Mayo!



Thank you all for your kind, kind comments on my last post, they are so needed right now! I'm tearing up tonight reading them, so happy to finally be home after a 16-hour day at the hospital! Don't ask. Even though it has been such a long day my heart is still pained thinking about not being an official Mayo RN anymore. Besides the fun money it provided what I will really miss is:

*My patients
It is truly an honor to be there in what often is a persons most trying moments. I have learned so much about myself and grown so much taking care of these people. It's hard to be a cancer nurse, organ transplant nurse and not get involved and grow to love them. I believe I will be a better mom because of what I have learned being a nurse.

*My dear friends
Something happens between people that truly bonds them in a way when they work so hard to achieve the same difficult, sometimes intense goal) These friends have really been a second family to me and have cared for me in some of my lowest moments. You have also made me laugh harder, dance crazier, and sing the songs from the Sound of Music more then when I was a teenager (although I never sang those songs as a teenager). I love you all.

*Pushing myself harder physically, emotionally, and mentally all in a day than I ever have anywhere else. Although something tells me I may be doing more of this in my future.

*My fantastic Mayo Insurance
I have never had it so good medically before. I believe Mayo will always be my #1 choice for quality health care. What a blessing that turned out to be the last few years! Most recently the very appreciated adoption reimbursement! Thank you Mayo!

For all of those reasons and the fab cranberry chicken salad in the cafeteria I will miss you Mayo!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! That's a big deal for you to leave Mayo and work after such a long time. I hope you're feeling okay about things! Mayo will miss you, too, I'm sure. You're such a great person that everyone loves to be around.

Zadok is getting so big! Wow!! That is crazy. I love the picture you posted of him and Steve. He's such a cute kid!

Just remember... even if all the fun money is gone, there's always a little room for MAC eyeshadow in the budget. And some occasional BCBGirls stilettos on major clearance at Nordstrom Rack. :)

Lori said...

Okay... just re-read my post. I'd like to replace the word "great" in the first paragraph with any of the following: fun, energetic, happy, giving, helpful... and many more. :) "Great" is not a very great word selection in this useage. :)

Jacqui said...

So I just read your comment on Jen's blog. I'm sure you've figured this out, but full-time motherhood comes with a huge, LONG learning curve. I went through major social and intellectual withdraws before coming to terms with a different life and loving the simplicity of it. I am sure a ton of moms could give you advice on the adjustment period, but just know that it is real, so if you feel angry, resentful, non-contributing, stupid, lonely, annoyed, stagnant, frustrated, secluded, hermit-ish, etc. just know it does end (or you find ways to deal with these feelings) and you will find joy. It may be in smaller, quieter moments, but it will come. Promise. Let us know how your journey goes!!

The Smith's said...

Yah for a stay at home mom! You will love it.

Bethi said...

Angie, I love your blog. I agree with Jacqui's comments. I am totally in the same boat as you. I feel non-contributing and lonely all of the time. When you work, you always get praise and thanks and that wonderful pay check. But as you stay at home, no one thanks you for changing that stinky diaper, folding the clothes or cleaning the house. No one even pays you! :) I am so grateful to be able to stay home but it is definitely taking me some time to get used to it too.

I wish we lived closer so we could hang out! Zadok is such a cutie! I love it! Sure love you!