Monday, February 2, 2009

And he shall be called Zadok


Angie is letting me, Grandma Dutton, update her blog while she gets ready today! They have decided to name the baby Zadok Paul Owensby. Norma chose the middle name of Paul after her beloved brother, and Angie and Steve want to keep this name as a tribute to her. Zadok is the name of Angie's great-great-great grandpa Zadok Knapp Judd. Zadok Knapp Henry Judd crossed the plains with the pioneers searching for a place where they could practice their religion without persecution. He also marched with the Mormon Battalion in the Mexican-American War before he married. His wife Mary Minerva Dart crossed the plains as a little girl, and watched her mother and brother die from cholera. They were married in Salt Lake, and were called to settle southern Utah. In their life together they moved and settled more than 15 times, often in frigid winter weather. Zadok and Mary buried 7 babies and adopted 3 native American children. We have often walked the beautiful cemetery in Kanab, Utah and read the inscription on his tombstone "Prepare to Meet us in Heaven."

11 comments:

Crystal-lynn said...

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Mama Dutton showed me the pictures when she got back to Flag on Saturday, but I didn't get to see all of these! And I was anxious to know the "for sure" & to hear what he will be called!

I am SO excited for you guys! I've come to know a lot more of what it's like to have a baby (being Mama to my Nephew), and I'm so excited that you are a Mama! (& Steve a Daddy!) Love you guys, & I'm excited to meet Zadok!

@jenhalloran said...

We've been thinking about you all day; Marie said Zadok was arriving at 6. He is one lucky little man; we are so thrilled for all three of you.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

Much love,
Jennifer, Chris and Chris

Melanie said...

Spencer and David can't wait to meet their new little friend Zadok! We are so excited for your family!

Deleted Blog said...

YEAH! Congratulations! We are so happy for your new little family and can not wait to meet Zadok. We have lots of baby boy stuff at our house if you need anything....

Lyndsay Winters said...

I am a friend of the birth mother and her family. I just found out that your Zadok was placed for adoption and I am so thrilled for both you guys and Norma. I am so proud of her for the decision she made and so happy that this precious little boy is going to have such a wonderful and complete family who he can be sealed to. Enjoy every step of your new journey, they grow so fast!

Lindsay said...

I think the name couldn't be more perfect for him. Congratulations!!

Mardi said...

Angie!!! I heard from Tonya B. at work that you are a mommy!! I flew home and looked you up on facebook, then found your blog, then found Zadok! I can't tell you how excited I am! Praise God! :)

Unknown said...

Hi there my dear friend! I heard the news and just had to find your blog and tell you how excited I am for you and Steve! O.K. - I can't even write this without crying! I know we haven't really kept in touch lately, but I have never stopped thinking of you as one of my best friends. You deserve all the happiness in the world! I love you tons and will try to keep in contact better! Give your cute little guy a kiss from me! Congrats! Jannie (Schofield)Clark

Us said...

Congratulations on your new baby! I'm so happy and excited for both of you!

Anonymous said...

Angie and Steve,

I'm your mom's cousin Julie (Judd) Gillman. My mom told me today about your wonderful news, and I went onto your blog to see Zadok. What a beautiful child, and what a great name he has! I'll bet Zadok Sr. and Zadok Jr. are smiling today, and I'll bet Grandpa Judd is thrilled too! Congratulations. I'm SO happy for you!

Liz said...

I just realized that you guys were not on my blog and then I found you through Amy's and to my surprise and I can't believe what I am seeing but Congratulations!!!How wonderful and beautiful it is to see you hold your little one. He is so precious and I'm looking forward to many fun updates.
I happy for the two of you.