Sunday, February 1, 2009

Surprise Surprise Surprise

This is the song that I woke up with running through my head this morning..."Open up your heart and you'll find love, love, love." Love for so many I feel today, here's our weekend!

I can't even begin to tell you how amazing our weekend has been. All within 24 hours (literally) we went from trying to get our pictures resized for the new website for our adoption profile, to getting a phone call from our friend and birthmom case worker, to then meeting a birthmom and her family a few hours later, to then having a wonderful chance to seen her again the next morning, to finding out SHE CHOSE US!!!!

Here is a quick recap of our morning yesterday, pic style.


Our beautiful nieces Elizabeth and Kayla anxiously awaiting the birthmom, birthgrandma, and of course the baby.


Me, feeding our NEW LITTLE ONE for the first time!! I still can't believe he will be ours ON MONDAY!!!!!


My dad with him...


I don't even have the words....just tears.


Elizabeth and her new little cousin!! She has waited for so long for us to have a baby!! In fact I sit here this morning remembering all the times holding her and pretending in my heart that she was ours. Watching her grow up Steve and I have always been so fascinated with her as she is the oldest grandchild on both sides just like both of us were. I can't believe we will not have to pretend anymore!! It is truly surreal.


This is one of my favorite pictures. She kept saying things this weekend like, "So you are preparing to be a new mother?" Then right before they left she asked, "So do you get to keep him?" I didn't know what to say except, "I hope so, we will see!"


This is our new sister Norma. She will never know how much we have to come to love her in the last two days. Not only for the beautiful, amazing little baby she is entrusting us with but because she is truly a wonderful woman who follows the Spirit of the Lord and is willing to sacrifice everything she loves for the life of her son. Words can not express how much I admire and love her for her courage and amazing faith is us. I have spent so much time praying the last two days that we will be able to live up to all she wants us to be for him and all the Lord expects us to be. Please pray for us, her, and her amazing family.

16 comments:

Melissa Zuber said...

Angie-- I am bawling! I am so thrilled for you guys. You will be the best parents. The birth mom looks like a complete angel. I hope the transition goes smoothly! Keep us all posted!!!

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so happy for you! What joy. This is the most blessed little boy ever. How great is it that he gets you for parents. We will pray for your new little family and the loving gift his sweet birth mom is giving him.
With joy from the Kanaga Family!

Amy J said...

I am seriously in tears of joy for you right now Angie! I am so happy for you guys, motherhood is so wonderful and you are going to rock at it! This little guy is so blessed to have you guys as parents. Good luck with everything and Congrats!

Lindsay said...

Angie-congratulations! I am so excited for you-you are in my thoughts and prayers...especially until February 20th. It's a great comfort to know that prayers are answered. We need to come see you!! And your new beautiful son!

Kristin said...

oh Owensbys!!!! YAY!!!!!!! we are so happy for you! He's absolutely beautiful. Post tons and tons and tons of pictures! We'd love to come see you and the little guy sometime. :) You're in our prayers. :)

Jessica Daly said...

ANGIEEE!!!!!!!!! nad Stevo.. I am sooooooo incredibly excited for you guys.. One day when we babysit him I guess he'll run screaming.. "I want my blonde dad!" just kidding.. It is an absolute miracle and he's adorable.. I'll keep praying for you guys especially until Feb. 20th .. congrats again..

Jen-ben said...

OH MY GOSH....I'M FREAKING OUT FOR YOU!!!! I am so so so so so so so so HAPPY!!!! I just want to cry!
You guys so deserve it! Congrats a million times!

Jen-ben said...

p.s. why am I not under you choice websites? Like, hello!

Lori said...

Wow-- you guys!! When we heard the news, we were SO ecstatic!! First of all, what an amazing birth mom. I can't pretend to know all of the emotions involved, but I know that she is making a wonderful choice to put this precious little boy in your care. What a handsome little guy, too. I can't believe how fast everything has happened! We love you guys and know that you are going to rock at being parents. You're so solid and giving and fun... it will be exciting to see & hear about these new adventures! You're definitely in our thoughts and prayers, and I'm SO excited to pick out something for a little boy that I can send you! :) Please let us know if you need anything or wanna talk, etc. I am a new mom just like you, but if you have questions then feel free to ask! Congrats, congrats!

Linda said...

From Linda, Les & Kelsi: Heaven has surely smiled down on you! What a blessed and lucky baby to come to you and Steve-o. Surely miracles have not ceased in our day. We love you so much. We are SO excited to meet your little baby! Hugs and kisses and tears of joy from us to you.

Ali said...

So, so, so happy for you! We are praying for you still and hope that all will go well this next month. How amazing! You deserve such a wonderful blessing!

Camille said...

Angie, my parents came to visit this weekend and couldn't wait to tell me the amazing story of how you got your son. These pictures are so sweet, especially the one with you feeding him. You look so comfortable and happy. You and Steve will be amazing parents!

Jacqui said...

He is absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful moments with us. What a gorgeous, perfect little son. I am sooooo happy for you.

Kenna said...

Angie! I am trying so hard to hold back the tears! It's not working. I am so unbelievably happy for you guys! There aren't two more deserving people. You are going to be terrific parents. I feel like I'm on cloud 9. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! We need vitals to hang in the bathroom! When can we have a shower? I know you have a ton to think about right now, we all love you here and are smiling ear to ear! This little boy is so blessed to have you and Steve as parents!

Tami Allred said...

Caroline just gave me your blog and after reading your wonderful good news, my eyes are leaking ok dripping. I am sooooooo happy for you guys.
I think jumping in the pool on New Years did it for you girl. hahhahha