Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Parents for 1 Year!






So most couples celebrate their babies birthdays, we will too. But we, Steve and I, also get to celebrate many other special days, placement days. Today marks one year since our precious, full of life, little boy was placed with us. It was a day I know I will never forget. A day filled with a lot of emotions, most of them bittersweet. Bittersweet with maybe a tad more sweetness is what I feel today too.

Here are some of my thoughts I wrote a year ago about today:

I can't believe...I think I am going on day 5 since we met Zadok and I am still crying over the miracle he is to us. I am soooo tired today, but sooooo happy. Steve and I just keep looking over at each other in an exhausted stupor and smiling at one another while one of us is holding him.

I have so much to tell you about, first Monday the 2nd, his Placement Day. Wow, I don't think I have even begun to process that night, all I know is that it was wonderful and better than I ever imagined. The night could not have gone better. Norma looked beautiful and radiant as she walked in with that precious child, tears streaming down her face. I was worried and as I hugged her asked if she were ok, she said she was just so happy and felt good which then made me happy. I could not be happy without knowing she felt this was right.

1 comment:

Norma said...

I was going through your old posts and saw this one. I don't remember ever seeing it before. I love it. So many wonderful memories were made that night. Like I've said before, when I handed him to you guys, it was so quiet and like we were the only ones there. I will never forget that feeling. As I think about it now, it was a little like the feeling I had when I was in the curtain room after Paul had died. It was so peaceful. I had no worries. The Spirit brought so much peace to me. I love you forever.