Thursday, February 25, 2010

Haven't I grown up yet?


Our Baby Bubba, wearing the tie I made him for Valentine's Day.



Do you ever have days when you wonder if you will ever feel on top of it all again? You, know...confident, calm, like you are conquering your life, you have everything under control?

Why in the world did I think I could take on a sewing job in the middle of all I'm doing? Like working two days a week (two very long days a week), planning a couple of big adoption events, which by the way I am the chair of the outreach committee for the Mesa FSA chapter (happy about this but it's a lot), planning for baby boy #2 due to arrive sometime early June, being a ward missionary (yeah...we had our 2nd baptism last Sunday), decorating the "boys room" (I love having a boys room), oh and keeping up with a house and a husband and our adorable little toddler (he started walking in the past 3 days, its been so fun to cheer him on). But what was I thinking? Making two French military coats for Les Miserables??? Come on, I'm 33, I should know better by now.

So I found myself thinking this afternoon....remembering those days of feeling like I had it all together. What does "having it all together" even mean? I surely don't know, at least I don't know it like I used to think I knew it. And I thought we were supposed to get better with age....

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

When you find a solution to being on top of it all again, let me know. I'm so far under the top I don't know if I'll EVER get out.

Lori said...

You are so busy!! But if anyone can do it, I know it's you. You're going to have to figure out how you can teach me to sew somewhere in between all that other stuff, too. :) haha jk. LOVE the tie! And I'm so excited that Z's walking now!! I gotta see it.

Norma said...

I do hafta say baby bubba is one adorable dude!

Heather said...

Z ia so cute... :) I have to say i thinkin you wonder woman. maybe you can teach me how to sew. or we could have a Birthmom craft night. hey also if you need any speaker, let me know if i can help in anyway. I want to get more involved. Also I may have a fun event to involve you in. :)i will get norma updated on it all. :) you guys are amazing adoptive parents love it