Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lauren's Coming Home!!!!

So my friend from work, Mardi and her husband Dan have been anxiously awaiting THE CALL for over 3 years. THE CALL to inform that their daughter Lauren who has also been waiting for them in a Chinese orphanage finally came this last Friday!

Mardi was one of my first friends in adoption. I knew of her at work but when we each discovered the other was also seeking to adopt we became fast friends. One of my first thoughts after Norma chose us was, "I hope Mardi gets her call soon." Not only because I have looked forward to hearing of her success but because she had been waiting nearly 3 times as long and I really wanted her to have her baby when I received mine.

I just looked at her blog and saw her beautiful pictures of her new little one, Lauren. She and Dan will be heading to China soon to pick her up, I can hardly wait to see her and hear all about their journey. To see more of her story and upcoming adoption, check out her blog Laurens Journey Home on the right sidebar.

Congratulations Mardi! I am sooo happy for you!

No comments: