Monday, November 8, 2010

Learning to Love My Hair Too


My nieces, Ella and Galey


Just last night my brother told me about this story.
The Sesame Street Song "I Love My Hair"
sensation that has been posted all over Facebook was written by an adoptive dad! Leave it to an adoptive dad to write a song to help his daughter realize just how special she is in every way.

Truth be told, I have wanted hair just like this since I was in the first grade and met a girl named Crystal who was in kindergarten.
I wanted her hair and her name, I thought both were wonderful.
Lucky for me, my brother married Crystal's sister so I still get to see Crystal and now I have nieces whose hair I can play with!
I'm still learning to love my baby fine, blond strands.



Galey with newborn Zad and my niece Elizabeth looking on at Z's placement.




Ella and Casey with newborn Zad with my brother Tommy and Norma's sister Monica and Lia
looking on at Zadok's placement.





Mama Ella with newborn Ike in Flagstaff this last summer

3 comments:

@jenhalloran said...

What a sweet song -- and a great message! I love your hair too, Angie. And I know definitively that I will never learn to love my hair while visiting/living in humidity. :-)

Norma said...

I love your hair, Angie! I can't wait to see what happens his crazy hair.

The Varo's said...

I love your goldilocks too. Poor Lia has fuzzball hair, hopefully she'll grow some more someday so it'll lay a little flatter to her head...