Thursday, August 5, 2010

Have YOU ever thought....?

Maybe you are married and young and just starting out....

Maybe you are married with a few children....

Maybe your children are already raised but still have more to give to a child....

Maybe you are unable to bear children of your own....

Maybe you feel bearing anymore children would not be good for your health....



Lately, I have been feeling the stirrings in my heart of more children meant for my family. I know, crazy right? We have not even had Ike for 2 months....yet I know there are others out there waiting for us to find one another. Although I don't feel ready to bring them home just now, my heart knows they are there just waiting for their time.

Orphans have been on my mind a lot in the months since the earthquake hit Haiti. So naturally I begin to wonder if I have a child there or somewhere out there living life as an orphan.

There are an estimated 145 million orphans in the world today, with just over 100,000 in the United States. In the U.S. we do not call these children orphans, we call them foster children.

Maybe there is one out there meant for your family...

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You have a wonderful and caring heart! Just imagine what the world would be like if there were more people like you and Steve.

Crystal-lynn said...

Thanks for sharing this Angie! & your thoughts, as always, touch my heart!