Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Grandma loves it...so do I



So my Grandma Frost has told this story about my grandpa and his dark hair for as long as I can remember. At night when they were first married and throughout their 50+ years of marriage she loves looking over in bed at night and seeing his dark hair (now a little more salt than pepper) on the pillow. She says it has always puts a smile on her face.

I wanted for years growing up to look over at night and see dark hair. I have grown to love the lighter blonder version on the pillow but I must say...it thrills my heart to walk into Zadok's room and see his head full of dark hair in the morning. I absolutely LOVE picking him up and feeling that soft full head of blackness against my cheek. I must say, there is nothing like it in the whole wide world. Just when I think it is my favorite part of him, he looks up at me with those dark eyes, a sleepy look, and a huge grin (even though he has just awoken)!

Yes, I have taken a little hiatus. Working, loving this baby, and getting back on my bike have had me a little busy, but don't worry...I'm back and have so many great things to blog about!

4 comments:

Norma said...

I can't wait for that hair to curl! I love you!

Tami Allred said...

Lovely, sweet feelings, thanks for sharing.

Liz said...

precious picture

Shari said...

Thanks for the stories, Angie! I think you guys and Norma are doing a really great thing in promoting open adoption. And the stories and pictures of Zad bring a smile to my face! So sweet!