Sunday, April 13, 2008

5 Random Things

So I'm finally answering your tag Jacqui. I am at work today, floated to another floor and am bored wishing I could have been at church today for the blessing of our friend's baby. So...5 random things about Steve and me.

Steve:
1. For being such a lover of fine food and can tell you the ingredients in almost anything he did not like mustard only ketchup for the longest time. I had to talk him into trying it again as an adult for many years and now loves spicy deli mustard. Only the best for Steve.
2. He snores! He swears that it did not start until after he was in the plane accident with my dad and he shattered his nose, but he snored even before that. Although I will admit I think it got worse after that, he did snore before.
3. He will only ever buy Nike shoes unless they are "Sunday shoes." I have tried to talk him into other brands but after working at Foot Locker all through high school and trying them all, he loves Nike and Nike only.
4. He can fix almost anything. If he can't fix it he calls my brother Jared over and together they really can fix anything. I love this, over the years it has saved us so much money and I never fill like if something breaks it can't be taken care of.
5. He hates to wear a watch but always wants to know what time it is. Before he had a cell phone (which was only about 2 years ago) he would ask all the time, what time it was. He hates to carry a cell phone too, but had to start for work.


Me:
1. I love to sing opera in the shower when I am in a good mood. If I'm tired or grumpy I just put my head against the wall and let the hot water wake me up or put me to sleep (depending on if its morning or night). Steve hates when I sing opera in the bathroom because it is "so loud."
2. I love shoes, love them. Especially heels. I love that Steve is so tall and I can wear the highest shoes I want without even being close to taller than him. But any cute shoes will do. I love to shop for them and wear them...but I hate flip flops. The flapping sound on my own feet all day drives me crazy and the thing between my toes drives me crazy too. I have tried to find a pair I like many times but just end up going back to slides instead.
3. I love to drink water. I start to feel insecure if I know my good water supply is running short. I think it stems back to traveling with my family and my dad only allowing one canteen of water for all 8 of us. Dasani is my favorite and yes I know it is just someone's bottled tap water but I don't care.
4. I have a new phobia about birds. Ever since one came dive bombing towards my head and squaking loudly, IN THE MALL of all places. It happened twice and I actually started to feel myself having a bit of a panic attack. It was made worse because I was talking on the phone to my parents and my mom asked if it had clung to my hair and started pecking my head yet. My dad then got on and told me to whack it with the back of my hand, who does he think I am??? Him??
5. I have been dreaming of Lake Powell almost every night lately. It started getting warm down here in lovely Mesa and its all I can do to not think of, wish for, and talk about Lake Powell. I can hardly wait for June, our first trip this year!!

4 comments:

Amy J said...

Angie, it makes me sad that you can't find the love for flip flops! just kidding! That's ALL I wear! That was fun to hear some random facts about you two. And I am jealous of your upcoming Lake Powell trip!

Jacqui said...

This was really fun. What was the plane crash? Sounds crazy! I love flip-flops, but I can't stand sandals with a toe strap. And flops always chafe me at the beginning of the summer, so I have to give myself time to get used to them. That's a funny one, though. I hate belts. I mean HATE belts. I can't stand them.

We're going to Powell in June, too. Can't wait, although it's going to be a madhouse with a 2-year-old and crawling baby. I think it's amazing you have a houseboat. Awesome!

Lori said...

Okay-- loved this post. I was reading about how Steve didn't like mustard forever. Yeah. That's like me!! Maybe I should give it a try again... I'll let you know how it turns out, but I'm kinda scared. I don't usually touch mustard or miracle whip. I'm a mayo girl. Amen on the shoes. Flip flops took some getting used to, but I have to say that I finally found my favorite pair-- Rainbows. Seriously. They are too comfortable once you break them in, and the middle thing isn't so bulky. I hope we get to see you guys this summer so we can hang out & I can get to know you better!

Camille said...

What a fun post! I'm also addicted to water and taste never seems to bother me so I'll drink straight from any tap. He's also Mr. Fix-it and it's so convenient!